Friday 5 November 2010

Breastfeeding Mum's best friend


After breastfeeding my firstborn for over 2 years, I considered myself a b/f professional, an ace of nursing. But as I was recuperating in the hospital after my c-section, breastfeeding Eddie wasn't an easy sailing. Though he immediately latched as soon as they put him to my breast and was suckling for over an hour, and I thought he was very clever to do that, I didn't really produce any milk at that point. After a couple of days he was getting pretty hungry, and the pediatrics matron insisted that I give my child formula and top up every time I breastfeed him with the formula. I was quite upset about it all but also didn't want to keep my big boy hungry. When we came back home, I was searching the Lactivist website for the tips on how to improve the milk flow and came across a link to get some free samples of the Holle nursing tea. The samples arrived very quickly, and I was worried at first that I wouldn't like it, as tea has aniseed and I am not very keen on it. However, I was pleasantly surprised that aniseed didn't overpower the other flavours, and the balance of aniseed, fennel, caraway seed and lemon balm was perfect. I ordered a few packs of nursing tea, and I noticed the difference in a few days. The milk flow became more established and consistent, and my baby ditched the top up formula. And that's my story about the nursing tea. :)
And here is a link to free samples if anyone wants to try.

No comments:

Post a Comment