Friday 19 November 2010

Everyone needs a Cuski (yet another sleepless night's creation)

Being a baby
No easy task.
One of life's comforts
Is my snuggly Cuski.
"Don't go away, Mum,
You don't need the loo"
"I'll be back in a minute!" -
And she leaves the room.
I'm feeling abandoned,
Thanks for asking.
My chin is quivering,
I'm chewing my Cuski.
My soothing comforter
I twisted and twirled.
With my soft Cuski
I'll brave the world.
Someone call Social Services,
She's been gone forever.
Don't let her use the loo.
Never-ever.
She's back, my mother,
And she thinks she's funny
"Whatta brave little boy,
A courageous bunny".
For you it's three minutes,
For me an eternity,
Cuski and I -
Function as a fraternity.



Eddie has a selection of comforters, and he chomps on them with enthusiasm.
I think a comforter like Cuski is a great invention, it is soft, soothing and ever so comforting. Sometimes when I am feeling blue, I feel I need a Cuski too.

4 comments:

  1. Thank you Galina & Eddie! Your poem is lovely, as are your comments on Cuski! We hope Cuski continues to comfort Eddie for a long time to come :-)
    Cuski Team x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant.

    lol @ Social Services lol

    awwwwww...

    isnt that 3 minute break just wonderful though lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol @ Jo's comment - even if it is to go to the loo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. awww sometimes I feel like I need a cuski!

    ReplyDelete