Friday 18 March 2011

Ewan the Dream Sheep from Easidream (review)


On the cuteness alone Ewan the sheep scores 10 out of 10. It is a lovely toy suitable for babies from birth +. It plays 4 soothing sounds which according to the blurb on the box are "proven to help your baby to sleep".
As Eddie didn't read the blurb, he doesn't know he is supposed to fall asleep. He likes the toy and enjoys the melody, but does it make him fall asleep? No, unfortunately in our case it doesn't. So in theory it is a great idea, but in practice it is not so effective.
Ewan plays heartbeat & womb sound combinations, which remind me of the baby monitor that I had on in the hospital on the day my son was born. In fact, the sound is very reassuring, and I personally find it very peaceful and calming. If anything, I myself find it sleep-inducing, but not my child.
Maybe it works better with newborn babies who still remember vividly what it was like inside their Mummy. I don't want to score it low because it didn't work for my child, but at £29.99 it is quite pricey, especially if you only use it as a cuddly toy.
Earlier today I asked my husband to look after Eddie while I was going to have a quick bath. I could hear my little one howling all the time. When I asked my husband, why Eddie was upset and why didn't he do anything to entertain him, he replied that he had Ewan the sheep playing music all the time and said that he almost fell asleep himself, while Eddie kept hollering because I was out of sight.

No comments:

Post a Comment