Friday 23 December 2011

Don't stay vexed, get back in shape with Davina and Next



I've been scoffing this season mince pies and panforte,
My figure right now is far from sporty.
I'm no material for the Olympic arena,
I need to lose weight, come to the rescue, Davina!
It doesn't matter if you're 20 or 40,
Exercise, eat healthy and be fit and sporty!


OK, I exaggerated a bit, I am not that much in need of losing weight, maybe just a tiny bit, but that's winter for you, you gain weight like a bear ready to hibernate and then lose it with the warmer weather and lighter meals. I am no fitness fanatic, and for me nothing could more boring than going the gym. Looking after my family is challenging enough and running after my two guys keeps me quite fit, in fact carrying Eddie around the house makes me think of Bruce Willis's muscles (not a very flattering comparison for a woman, he he).
Also as a breastfeeding Mum, I don't find it a problem to keep weight at bay. One of the advantages of breastfeeding is that you can have your cake and eat it and still keep trim.
Saying all that, I used to exercise at home, and hope to start the routine again, doing simple exercises with Eddie while listening to the music, at least that is a big plan.
I do not believe in the New Year resolutions, my resolution is not to make any. But teaching my kid to enjoy exercising as a fun activity rather than a chore might inspire me to do more for myself.
As I don't drive, and walk every day into town for a bit of grocery shopping if not the fresh air, comfy shoes are very important. Sadly comfy often comes as unflattering or plain ugly. That's why I was reading with interest that Davina has teamed up with Next and is going to launch a line of shoes and fitness clothes.


Through her hugely successful fitness DVD’s, Davina McCall’s infectious enthusiasm has inspired countless women to exercise. Launching in time for Spring 2012, Davina For Next provides the ultimate workout and post work-out clothing along with a range of innovative everyday shoes which feature dual density mid-sole technology to reduce stress on joints. From aerobics to running, power-lifting to pilates – all in great modern shapes, fabulous colours and outstanding fabrics, there’s something for every activity.

Davina says: “My approach was to concentrate on what I would wear, thinking very carefully about the details that matter to me, like a place for an MP3 player, or reflective strips on the bottoms – essential when you’re jogging in the early morning or at dusk. And I’ve ensured the workout tops are extremely solid and secure so your boobs won’t be bobbing around while you’re working out!”  

There’s an important footnote to this fruitful collaboration. Harnessing Next’s F.I.T. technology, Davina has developed a line of stylish everyday shoes that offer aspects of comfort, performance and muscle activation previously restricted to cumbersome sports footwear. Think cute ballerinas in bright patent or animal print – and imagine a reduction in stress on load bearing joints. Elegant citysmart flats are engineered to increase calf and hamstring activation by up to 12% while canvas pumps carry the promise of decreased heel impact. And Davina’s ultra-feminine trainers will exert 25% less pressure on the ball of the foot.

Spot Corsage Ballerinas £32 - White Sports Trainers £45 - Floral Ballerinas £30







Davina For Next promises to shake up what any woman wears before, during and after her workout. Her comfort and style are assured as she gets into great shape!

The flower print shoes look very pretty and feminine, and I applaud the idea of the decreased heel impact, as sometimes my feet are killing me after a long walk. Some of the new range footwear is very much Cath Kidstone, whose range I admire for the flowery prints and designs.
I will certainly be looking for them once the collection arrives to the shops in spring. Anything that would make my life easier is welcome, and if it is also pretty, then a double welcome!

Macaroni for Berlusconi,
Fusilli for Aldo Zilli,
FIT technology and fitness cami -
For this yummy Mummy.

4 comments:

  1. exercise ball for kids The exercise ball is not a brand new concept, it actually dates back to 1963 when it was invented by an Italian plastics manufacturer called Aquilino Cosania. It is a large inflatable ball made with strong PVC, plastic or solid foam rubber

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Dashing Boy, we actually have a Teeter gym ball at home, my older son loves it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This blog will hopefully kick-start my new fitness regime. I've seen what inactivity can do for your health, and like you... I don't really do resolutions, but I would definitely like to start making a few changes this year! Thanks again for your interesting blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Forgot to add my twiiter ID to the comment just made: @muskrat16

    ReplyDelete