Tuesday 21 May 2013

Gnocchi with asparagus, dolcelatte and pine nuts

Horror of horrors, I don't make my own gnocchi. They come from a packet. That's cheating, I hear some foodies say and give me thumbs down. Oh well, I can live with it. We all do the shortcuts one way or another, and I am not yet Italianised enough to make my own pasta like the Nonni of yesteryear. To mark the start of the National Vegetarian Week, which runs from 20th May to 26th May, I have prepared this simple dish of gnocchi with asparagus, dolcelatte and pine nuts.



Gnocchi with asparagus, dolcelatte and pine nuts
Ingredients:
a pack of gnocchi (500g)
250g asparagus
a handful of pine nuts
100g doleclatte
olive oil

In a frying pan, melt the cubed dolcelatte cheese and add the sliced asparagus + a tablespoon of olive oil.
Cook the gnocchi in salted boiling water. Once they start floating at the surface, they are ready. Drain the water and add the asparagus dolcelatte sauce. Sprinkle with toasted pine nuts before serving.

If you are not a vegetarian, then I may suggest using a gorgonzola instead of dolcelatte. And sprinkle with the grated parmesan (which is not a vegetarian cheese, but oh so good).




Very easy to prepare, if you want a quick lunch or dinner.

For more easy vegetarian pasta recipes, visit The Vegetarian Experience blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment