Saturday 15 February 2014

Vanilla pannacotta

We didn't do the Valentine's dinner yesterday. My husband was at the high table in his college (not very romantic on his behalf, but then, what did I expect? sigh). So let's just say my Valentine's day was a bit of a downer. To cheer up myself, I cooked some Vanilla pannacotta to have for breakfast on Saturday.




Vanilla Pannacotta
Ingredients:
1 sachet of Dr Oetker gelatine
120ml water
300ml extra thick double cream
2tbsp vanilla syrup
2tbsp caster sugar

Start by dissolving the gelatine in 120ml of freshly boiled water (sprinkle the gelatine into the water, not the other way around). Stir until mixed thoroughly. Add the cream, sugar and vanilla syrup to make a pint of cream-gelatine mix.
Pour in the cups or whatever moulds you use. It sets in a couple of hours in the fridge, but you can leave it overnight. To dip the pannacotta out of the cups, place the cups in the bowl with hot water for a minute, then take them out, cover with a plate and carefully dip over.
I have also added some mini fruit hearts at the bottom of the cups before pouring the cream.
I served it with Raspberry & Redcurrant syrup (Selsley Foods) which added a much needed tart note.



It set really well, and was lovely. The problem I have with pannacotta is that it is so rich, that usually I struggle with finishing it. Next time I make it, I should remember to use smaller moulds, just enough for a couple of spoonfuls.



8 comments:

  1. This looks gorgeous! Great idea for Mother's Day and Easter coming next!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Tracy! I think next time I will experiment with flavours

      Delete
  2. No cannot wait until Mother's day - have to make it next weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Thank you Alison! A bit too rich for me, though I enjoy it in small amounts

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thank you Camilla, I now want to try your version

      Delete