Monday 3 November 2014

Burford Garden Centre


We love visiting the Burford garden centre whenever we have a chance to go there by car. Last week our friend Jen offered to be our driver and take us there, as she knows how much my boys and I enjoy the trip. There is so much to see and do, both indoors and outdoors, as it is a big house and garden shopping centre. Eddie always has to stop in a toy shop. This time he was much taken by a Le Toy Van wooden coffee maker. He pretended to be a barista and offered me a cup of coffee.
In the meantime, Sasha was browsing the book shelves.


And of course, he had to try a couple of outfits. He couldn't choose which one he liked more: a pirate's costume or a knight's one.


After admiring the toys and books, we stopped for a cup of coffee, soft drinks and croissants in the garden centre's cafe.


The croissants were just fresh from the oven, hot and flaky. The latte was very decent. On a latte-o-meter I'd score it 4/5. The cafe provides a big variety of cakes and bakes. While the pastries are reasonably priced, some of the prices made me wince. A bottle of Coca Cola for £2.50 and a banana or an apple for a pound seems a total racket. And while I don't mind paying a little bit more for foods made on the premises, I resent paying a pound for a banana. That is just ridiculous.


Feeling fortified and full of beans, my guys loved running around outside. We visited most of the greenhouses and summerhouses on display. We already got a summerhouse from the garden centre, much loved and used, so we were just looking around, without any plans to buy another one.
Eddie ran, Sasha ran, Jen and I chased after them.


Back to the indoors department, all festooned for Christmas. Both boys loved the freestanding LED reindeer decorations. Eddie begged me to buy one. Sorry, Eddie...


We even found the reindeer made of dried citrus with spices. The smell was absolutely gorgeous, and the reindeer looked utterly cute as well.


I allowed myself to have a quick look in the vintage china department. I could spend hours there, but my guys find it boring.


The Blue Willow pattern is one of my favourites, and I haven't seen it in these shapes before. I was very tempted by these pickle dishes but resisted.





In the end I treated myself to an Emma Bridgewater Halloween mug. They were at half price, and I love Emma Bridgewater's mugs.
The road to Burford is very picturesque, there are some stunning views of the faraway fields and hills, and the trip always makes me wonder that this part of England has become my home.






Have you been out and about this month? If you have a review of eating out or visiting a place of interest, please come and join in Out & About linky.

To join in, please add the post to the linky.
You may use any post about going out, but please a recent one, not more than 3 months old.
I promise to repin each post added to the linky, leave a comment, RT and give a G+.
Please use a badge for Out & About and link back to hosts: Chez Maximka blog as well as Dragons and Fairy Dust. This linky will close on 30 November 2014

Chez Maximka

4 comments:

  1. Looks and reads like a fab day out. Great dressing up costumes. For me it has to be the pirate one, Ahoy me Hearties! Tx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks like a fab place to take the kids. Can't believe he price of coke there and I agree I'd resent paying a pound for a banana too! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely day, really love those leaf shaped plates. Shame about the reindeer, would have looked great in your garden!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love vintage china department! love finding a bargain!
    Love the mug, its look great!

    ReplyDelete