Saturday 3 October 2015

Photo diary: week 40, 365

Sunday was a cookies-galore baking day. Eddie and I baked a big batch of lemon cookies, and they were lovely. He had a blast, decorating them with icing and sugar sprinkles.


The sky looked bright blue, criss-crossed by the white lines left by the airplanes.


Our Papa was in Italy over the weekend, and returned home on Monday, bringing a bubble gun shooter for Eddie - a gift from Nonna. Eddie was so happy with it, he used the whole bottle of bubbles in one day.


More baking this week: this time it was an apple cider cake. I quite often bake with alcoholic drinks, but it was the first time I tried an apple cider, and it worked really well.



My garden has responded to the Indian summer by splashing on some late blooming roses, which were at their most abundant in May and June. They are so beautiful and fragrant.
The evening before I tried to take a photo of this rose in the dark, but the image was rather unfocused and hazy. This is a rose at dusk.



Friday was an Inset day in both schools, but as Sasha was still poorly, we didn't go out. Eddie cheered up though, when a huge package arrived in the mail. It was a prize from Epic magazine. It's not really appropriate for his age, and more suitable for Sasha, but he wanted me to take a photo of him and "his" prize.


I picked up a little promotional leaflet in The Entertainer shop, which invited kids to come to the store dressed up as their favourite Superhero character in order to be entered in the draw to win tickets to Madame Tussaud's and an overnight stay in London. We had a bit of a dilemma, which costume to choose, in the end Eddie decided to go as Batman. He was as pleased as punch, every time someone commented on his attire and told him to save the world. On the way home we popped into the cinema to check out what they show at tomorrow's matinee. Eddie couldn't resist to sit into one of those gaming chairs.


9 comments:

  1. That blue sky is gorgeous and I love the look of that cake and those biscuits :) What a smiley batman!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sara! Batman loves nothing better than being dressed as a Superhero. :)

      Delete
  2. Love the sound of the apple cider cake...and the lemon cookies. In fact I love the sound of all your baking!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! They were all successful bakes, but I also had a culinary disaster last week and my steaks were tougher than my boots.

      Delete
  3. I love the apple cider cake, i'm baking with lemons and limes this week for no reason other than I was only able to buy them in batches of 6 and i only wanted one of each for the G&T

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lemon cakes are lush, what are you baking with limes? I only know of a key lime pie.

      Delete
  4. It looks like a fab week! Wow! Those Nerf guns! Well don on the win x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I think they'll stay put until he's older.

      Delete
  5. good luck with the prize draw, and well done on the comp win. Apple cider cake sounds interesting.

    ReplyDelete