Wednesday 27 July 2016

Happy Days Edinburgh 1000 pc puzzle from Ravensburger


I was just chatting to a friend earlier today, telling her that one of the ways to unwind and relax for me is make a cup of coffee and assemble a big jigsaw puzzle. If you read my blog, you must know by now that I often talk of my love of puzzles.
Happy Days Edinburgh 1000 pc puzzle from Ravensburger depicts a lovely nostalgic scene. Take a promenade along a busy street outside the Royal Scottish Academy.
It's a colourful scene with bright buses and cars, and the people in the street are as colourful.


Happy Days is a range of nostalgic scenes from Ravensburger, with puzzles depicting Blackpool, Brighton, Cotswolds, Tenby, York and other locations.
They are a bit old-fashioned in style, and will make a safe gift for an elderly auntie or uncle. Or anyone who enjoys historic memorabilia. I had fun, piecing it together, and I'm not yet in the "elderly aunt" category. So, I guess it might appeal to any age group.


Each scene tells a story.
A little girl stops by the piper's dog, waving a warm hello. Her Mum waits nearby, while the little boy in the pushchair looks straight at you.




There are plenty of interesting details to work on, as you build the puzzle. Some areas are more tricky, like the sky, the grey road or the building of the academy, as there is a lot of similar-coloured pieces.


Disclosure: I received the puzzle for the purposes of reviewing. All opinions are mine.

1 comment:

  1. Its sad that people don't do puzzles much these days, this one is lovely - even though it is nostaligic, it does reminds me of my time in Edinburgh

    ReplyDelete