Friday 4 November 2016

October Degustabox

We are always looking forward to our Degustabox delivery, which arrives every month and is full of foodie surprises. This monthly food and drink subscription box is an excellent way to discover products which have only just appeared in the shops or those which might have been around for while, but you haven't had a chance to try them yet.
Thanks to Degustabox, I have found new favourites to add to our shopping list, including some products which I probably wouldn't have tried otherwise.
Each time the box arrives, it's a total surprise, as you don't know what you might find there. You get a good selection of foods and drinks.
If you haven't tried Degustabox subscription box yet and would like to have a go, I have a whopping £7 off discount from your first box (and you can unsubscribe any time) - just use a code 8EVI8 when you place an order.
What did we receive in October Degustabox? Let's have a peek.


food box

Being a family of chocoholics, the first product we picked to try was a chocolate bar.

Hershey's Cookies'n'Creme King size bar is a white chocolate flavoured candy bar with cookie pieces. My younger son and husband enjoyed it. Personally I am not a fan of American brands of chocolate.
I prefer it when chocolate products have a shorter list of ingredients and when it doesn't sound like a Mendeleev's table of elements.


Saying that, I have already bought it a couple of times since we first tried it.



Beloved Date Fruit Hearts are made with 100% date fruit with a hint of natural flavouring. My guys are not very keen on dates, but I like them, so I have eaten them all by myself. These fruity hearts are cold-pressed so retain all the benefits of the whole fruit. They look cute, heart-shaped. A lovely snack when you're feeling peckish.


Pitch Choco Bar will appeal to anyone who has a sweet tooth. My husband sometimes makes a similar snack by putting a big piece of a chocolate bar inside a fresh bread. It's the same principle - you get a mini bar of milk chocolate inside a soft brioche. These treats are individually wrapped, and could make a delicious treat for a lunch box.



JimJams 83% Less Sugar Milk Chocolate Spread is a smooth and creamy chocolate spread. With 83% less sugar, it is kinder on teeth and diabetic friendly. It is a perfect accompaniment to pancakes, hot toast and croissants. You can even try making a milkshake with it.


I used the spread as an ingredient for baking a Marbled Bundt Cake.


IAM SOUPER is a new range of high protein soup which is supposed to keep you fuller for longer. The soups in the range are low in fat, but high in protein, have no artificial flavours or preservatives.


It is very chunky. In fact it's so chunky, I would hardly call it soup, it is more of a thick stew. I have tried Pulled Pork and Jalapenos which is made with beans, onion, pulled pork, tomato paste etc. A hearty lunch.


I was pleased to see Yushoi Snapea Rice Sticks. I first discovered them a few months ago, with another Degustabox food box. This is a bigger sharing pack. Yushoi Snapea rice sticks are baked and made from green peas. I'm not a vegetarian or vegan, but I enjoy this delicious snack, and buy it quite often. There are several flavours to choose from. Snapeas are crunchy, light and addictive.



Levi Roots Coat'n'Cook sauces will jazz up any meat or fish dish. No marinating is necessary, you simply pour it over chicken, ribs or fish and cook straight away. It is available in several flavours - Jerk, Ginger Beer and Smokey BBQ.


I cooked a roast chicken with Smokey BBQ coat'n'cook sauce. It was pretty hot, as it's made with a kick of scotch bonnet. And oh my, it is a mighty kick.


Maggi Fusian Noodles is another new product. These noodles bring the authentic taste of Asia to your kitchen. I'm not the biggest fan of noodles, and I was pleasantly surprised at how good these noodles are.


There are two falvours - Fiery Sweet Chilli and Aromatic Spiced Curry.
When I cooked Fiery Sweet Chilli, I have added thinly sliced fresh Savoy cabbage (a couple of big leaves) and a leek to the noodle soup. You might want to season it with salt.


Many children love novelty-shaped pasta. For all you Minions' fans there, Heinz is bringing you the ultimate minions-shaped pasta, and a matching pasta sauce. Heinz Kids' Dry Pasta Shapes are made from 50% whole wheat and 50% durum wheat. My younger son was very excited to find this pack in the food box.
We haven't tried the pasta sauce yet, as Eddie prefers to have his pasta on a big plate with a dollop of cream cheese and ketchup on the side, which doesn't cease to shock the Italian side of our family.
Heinz Kids' Pasta Sauce has no added sugar or salr.


Robinsons Squash'd Orange is a super concentrated portable squash. While my guys drink plain water very well, they do like squash as well. Squash'd comes in six refreshing flavours. You need just a small amount of squash, or your drink will be too sweet.



Disclosure: We receive Degustabox every month for the purposes of testing and reviewing. All opinions are ours.

No comments:

Post a Comment